MVP OPEN PLAY
Open Play Schedule
- Where: Monument Valley Park, Colorado Springs
- When: Open Play, Monday through Sunday, 8am to 12noon
How Does Open Play Work?
Here are some guidelines to remind us to be courteous so that every player has a good experience:
- If courts are NOT FULL, play a game from 1 to 11 points.
- When your game ends, look around to see if there are any players near your court waiting to get into a game. If there are, invite them in to play while one of the players that just played takes a break.
- If courts are NOT FULL and you arrive at MVP and want to get into a game - either find a foursome of your own or ask if you can get in on the next game of a game already in progress.
- If courts have FILLED UP while you were playing and the Paddle Stack area is in use, yell “court open” so other players may use the court. Don't forget to place your paddle over in the Paddle Stack area for your next game.
- If courts ARE FULL when you arrive at MVP and the Paddle Stack area is in use, get your paddle into the paddle line-up system so you can get on a court and PLAY!
- GOOD RULE of THUMB: look around and be aware of court usage and other players wanting to play. If we ALL do that and are courteous, MVP will be known as having the best players!
The Paddle Stack area is on the EAST SIDE of the courts on the large concrete pad.
Here's how the PADDLE LINE-UP SYSTEM works:
- When people are waiting for an open court, players need to use the paddle line-up system to designate the next 4 players.
- Place your paddle with other paddles in groups of fours.
- Please allow 4 players to put their paddles together if they would like to continue playing together so people with similar skill levels have the opportunity to play together if they choose.
- Once a court is open, the next group of 4 paddles need to make their way to the open court for their game.
For other places to play Pickleball in our area, both indoor and outdoor courts, visit our Where To Play page.